Missouri Mathematics and Science Coalition
The Missouri Mathematics and Science Coalition is a group of business, education, government and community stakeholders who have come together to foster collaboration to ensure Missouri citizens are equipped with knowledge and skills in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). The Missouri Chamber has been a strong supporter of the mission since its inception and facilitates the coalition, which has an impressive list of achievements.
- Collaboration across local, regional state and national STEM networks
- STEM program and initiative development
- Advocacy through public awareness
The Coalition is organized around six major goals:
- Improve the performance of all P-20 students
- Expand the pool of students motivated to pursue STEM careers
- Expand the pool of Missouri’s P-20 STEM educators
- Establish a technology plan to support STEM curricula
- Increase public awareness of the value of STEM knowledge on the lives of all Missourians
- Highlight the importance of STEM-related industries in enhancing Missouri’s global competitiveness
Some of the key programs and activities of the Coalition are:
Missouri STEM Signing Day – Just like signing days for athletes, Missouri STEM Signing Day celebrates Missouri high school seniors as they make their commitments to study a STEM field at a Missouri college or university. This program will award scholarships to outstanding students across the state who are dedicated to pursuing a STEM career pathway in college and beyond, as well as raise awareness of companies in Missouri for future career opportunities that they and others can pursue.
STEM Day at the Capitol – Each year the Missouri Mathematics and Science Coalition hosts STEM Day at the Capitol in Jefferson City to bring focus on high-impact STEM programming and outreach in K-12, Higher Education and Workforce Development. Nearly 300 students, educators and STEM professionals show case their programs, projects and outreach.
For more information on the Missouri Mathematics and Science Coalition, contact Brian Crouse, Vice President of the Missouri Chamber Foundation, at 573-634-3511 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.