Click to download the 2021 agenda
October 1, 2021 – 9:00 AM Kick Off
Talent recruitment and development is the #1 concern for Missouri manufacturers — but there are ways to address this through early awareness and career pathway development for students. Each year the Missouri Chamber Manufacturing Alliance, in partnership with Missouri Enterprise, and the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) leads Missouri’s statewide MFG Day open door events and invites students to learn more about the amazing career potential that exists across the manufacturing industry. Last year nearly 10,000 students took part in our statewide virtual event.
This year we’re meeting the challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic once again by bringing today’s modern manufacturing world right to students’ classrooms and homes virtually on October 1. This full-day, live-streamed event will showcase dozens of manufacturers across the state while Zooming in students from around Missouri. Additionally, we will be working in partnership with our local chambers to provide technical support, guidance and student materials to manufacturers that host in-person events around the state. Additional resources can be found also at Creators Wanted, and where you can find in-person open door events.
- Develop and host a virtual MFG Day statewide event promoted to K-12 schools through the Missouri Chamber Foundation and the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Offer 6 hours of livestreamed programming on Oct. 1 with up to 20 sessions featuring manufacturers around the state
- Host special guests including national spokespersons, state officials and frontline production employees – View the 2021 agenda here!
- Engage students via live polling and curriculum to educate and inspire the next generation of makers
- Record event for rebroadcasting throughout the month of October and posting online for schools to access on demand
- Offer technical guidance to any in-person events hosted by manufactures in the state.
- Provide printed career pathway flyers to host sites that provide an in-person event.
What’s in it for schools?
- Opportunity to provide real world learning insights into modern manufacturing and career pathways available to students — accessible whether in the classroom or watching from home
- Ability for classes and individual students to Zoom into the event and interact with CEOs, plant managers, HR managers and frontline production professionals
- Access to supporting resources and curriculum that dive deeper into today’s modern manufacturing world
- Join with classrooms from around the state on a national event
- All grade levels are welcome
We need your help to push these numbers higher and inspire the next generation to pursue exciting career pathways in manufacturing. Download a quick overview of manufacturing career pathways by the numbers:
What marketing opportunities exist?
- Support Missouri’s manufacturing community and receive visibility for your company in the process
- Help raise the level of awareness and interest by today’s youth to the career opportunities in manufacturing
- Support educator and school counselor activities and curriculum that provide them with meaningful professional development.
VIEW 2020 BROADCAST
Download a free Educators Guide —
An Intro to Manufacturing Here