March 2, 2023
Less than a minute read
We’re hiring – Director of Workforce/Grant Administrator
The Director of Workforce is responsible for developing, managing and maintaining industry-driven workforce development programs and partnerships, with a specific focus on connecting underserved communities with job training and employment. The Director of Workforce will work in tandem with several multi-year grants the Missouri Chamber facilitates to create and expand apprenticeship training in high-demand jobs such as IT and health care. The successful candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail is critical. Prior experience working with low-income, minorities, veterans and returning citizens is preferred. Prior grant administration experience is also preferred.
Underserved Community/Specific Industry Outreach:
- Develop plan to penetrate underserved populations such as minorities, low income, people with disabilities, veterans, returning citizens, and certain rural and urban areas.
- Facilitate a diversity, equity and inclusion task force to share best practices on hiring individuals from underserved communities.
- Facilitate a second-chance hiring task force to address barriers to hiring returning citizens.
- Oversee polling and public relations campaign to encourage second-chance hiring.
- Bring together various industry groups in task forces to address industry-specific workforce needs.
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders, including veterans’ groups, workforce boards, minority groups, Goodwill, Jobs for America and other organizations with links to underserved populations.
- Create strong presentations and communication tools.
- Help develop research projects connected to workforce development.
- Create white papers and fact sheets.
- Gather best practices, organize and create employer toolkits including:
- Resources for employers to use in establishing work-based training programs.
- Resources from recruiting from underserved populations.
- Oversee grant team who handle the core, day-to-day operation of two apprenticeship grants.
- Serve as contact with state and federal project officers and serve as point person on DOL grant reviews and audits.
- Oversee budget and goals and produce modifications as necessary to achieve stated grant outcomes.
- Attend and provide input on monthly meetings with the apprenticeship grant team (internal and external)
- Produce and/or approve all grant documentation.
- Produce internal Missouri Chamber Foundation budget reflecting grant income and expenses.
- Stay on top of grant compliance.
- Maintain relationships with state and federal officials connected to the grant and other grant stakeholders.
To apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3502729209