The Leadership Missouri program was created on the belief that the community, just as any business or organization, requires strong leadership to improve and grow. Founded in 1990, Leadership Missouri aims to identify current and emerging leaders throughout the state, enhance their leadership skills and deepen their knowledge of the state’s opportunities and challenges. In April of each year, the selected participants begin a series of seven monthly, two-day sessions.
You are eligible for the Leadership Missouri program if you are a resident of the state, are employed by a Missouri firm or are involved in leadership activities.
Candidates will be selected primarily on the basis of prior leadership experience and/or the desire to become a more effective leader. A special subcommittee from the Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry makes the selections.
The tuition and fees for the program are $1,800 for Missouri Chamber members and $2,000 for non-members. A non-refundable application fee ($30 for members, $50 for non-members) is due at the time the application is submitted. The tuition fee covers scheduled class meals, breaks, group transportation, class materials, other organizational costs and Leadership Missouri lifetime alumni membership. The candidate is responsible for hotel, travel and other out-of-pocket expenses not directly related to Leadership Missouri.
Application deadline is January 31, 2019. Fill out the online application or the printable application. A limited number of scholarships are available. Learn about the scholarship criteria and apply here.
- If you want to learn more about major issues facing Missourians.
- If your firm does business with the state of Missouri.
- If it’s important that you become more effective in dealing with business leaders or elected officials.
- If you want to target your leadership skills toward meeting major statewide concerns.
- If you have plans to someday run for public office.
The 2019 class will be traveling to…
- Jefferson City – April 9-12
- Branson – May 8-10
- St. Louis – June 19-21
- Waynesville/Rolla – July 10-12
- St. Joseph – August 7-9
- Kansas City – September 18-20
- Columbia – October 23-25
For more information, contact Tammy Long, at email@example.com or 573-634-3511.