The Leadership Missouri program was created on the belief that the community, just as any business or organization, requires strong leadership to improve and grow. Founded in 1990, Leadership Missouri aims to identify current and emerging leaders throughout the state, enhance their leadership skills and deepen their knowledge of the state’s opportunities and challenges. In April of each year, the selected participants begin a series of seven monthly, two-day sessions.
Through the sessions, participants meet and talk with Missouri’s current leaders and through panel discussions, presentations and experiences, explore the state’s opportunities, needs and resources. Leadership Missouri provides a thought-provoking experience focusing on the attributes of the state and what it means to be a leader. By visiting various regions, participants develop an enhanced view and a new meaning to the word community that spans the entire state. Download our 2017 program flier.
You are eligible for the Leadership Missouri program if you are a resident of the state, are employed by a Missouri firm or are involved in leadership activities.
Candidates will be selected primarily on the basis of prior leadership experience and/or the desire to become a more effective leader. A special subcommittee from the Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry makes the selections.
The tuition and fees for the program are $1,800 for Missouri Chamber members and $2,000 for non-members. A $30 non-refundable application fee is due at the time the application is submitted. The tuition fee covers scheduled class meals, breaks, group transportation, class materials, other organizational costs and Leadership Missouri lifetime alumni membership. The candidate is responsible for hotel costs and other out-of-pocket expenses not directly related to Leadership Missouri.
- If you want to learn more about major issues facing Missourians.
- If your firm does business with the state of Missouri.
- If it’s important that you become more effective in dealing with business leaders or elected officials.
- If you want to target your leadership skills toward meeting major statewide concerns.
- If you have plans to someday run for public office.
2017 Leadership Missouri Schedule (download here)
Segments begin on Wednesday evenings at 6pm with a social reception and conclude on Fridays at noon. The first segment in April is the only exception to the schedule beginning on a Tuesday afternoon. Below is the following schedule for 2017:
- April 11 – 14: Jefferson City – Government
- May 17 – 19: St. Louis – Energy and Environment
- June 14 – 16: Warrensburg – Safety and Defense
- July 19 – 21: Springfield – Manufacturing
- Aug. 16 – 18: Kansas City – Entrepreneurship and Economic Development
- Sept. 13 – 15: St. Joseph – Agriculture and Bio Sciences
- Oct. 18 – 20: Teambuilding / Graduation – Columbia
For more information, contact Brian Crouse, at Bcrouse@mochamber.com or 573-634-3511.