The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a critical shortage of health care professionals across the state. In order to help increase the talent pipeline for years to come, we are hosting this dynamic, one-day statewide virtual event showcasing key career pathways in the health care industry.
This event is being developed in partnership by the Missouri Hospital Association, the Missouri Chamber Foundation and the Missouri Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education. Both K-12 and higher education students and school groups can register free of charge, to see various occupational pathways, learn about the future of health care and virtually engage directly with professionals from some of the best health care centers around the state.
HOW WILL THIS WORK?
- We will host a dynamic, engaging 4 hour live stream event showcasing the hottest careers in health care.
- 8 unique health care providers will have 20 mins to provide insights into these in-demand career fields — Surgical Technician, Critical Care Nursing, Respiratory Therapists, Imaging Specialist and much more.
- Special guests including national spokespersons, state officials and frontline health care workers.
- The program will engage students at all levels via live polling and curriculum to educate and inspire the next generation of healers.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR SCHOOLS AND STUDENTS?
- Opportunity to provide real world learning insights into today’s health care world and career pathways available to students — accessible whether in the classroom or watching from home.
- Ability for classes and individual students to Zoom into the event and interact with chief medical officers, professional nursing staff, and other key professionals.
- Access to supporting resources and curriculum that dive deeper into today’s health care world.
- Join with classrooms from around the state on our inaugural event.
- Make a day out of it — have your students wear medical PPE, scrubs, lab coats and get into the world of work!
- Recordings all the sessions will be available online for schools to access on demand year long.
- It is 100% free, and easy to access.
Visit your No. 1 resource for Missouri health careers to take a quiz to find a health care career that’s right for you. Resources, including free career guides/brochures, are available for job seekers, students, educators, and volunteers.
In Collaboration With
Register either individually or as class today!
BECOME A HEALTH CARE CAREER DAY 2022 SUPPORTER