This statewide, virtual event takes students inside Missouri hospitals to learn about the hottest careers in health care and engage in real world learning. All grade levels are invited to join this free event! Health Care Career Day was developed in partnership by the Missouri Chamber Foundation, the Missouri Hospital Association and the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
*SAVE THE DATE: Friday, February 23, 2024*
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a critical shortage of health care professionals across the state. In order to help increase the talent pipeline for years to come, we are hosting this statewide, virtual event showcasing key career pathways in the health care industry.
This event was developed in partnership by the Missouri Chamber Foundation, the Missouri Hospital Association and the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Both K-12 and higher education students and school groups can Zoom in to the program, free of charge, to see various occupational pathways, learn about the future of health care and engage directly with professionals from some of the best health care centers around the state.
We will host a dynamic, engaging livestream event showcasing the hottest careers in health care on Friday, Feb. 24 from 9AM— 1PM! View the full agenda here.
• 8+ health care providers will have 20 minutes to provide insights into these in-demand career fields: surgical technology, critical care nursing, respiratory therapy, imaging and much more.
• Special guests, including national spokespersons, state officials and frontline health care workers, will Zoom in.
• The program will engage students at all levels via live polling and curriculum to educate and inspire the next generation of healers.
• Recordings of the event will be available for schools to access on demand.
• Opportunity to provide real world learning insights into today’s health care world and career pathways available to students — accessible whether in the classroom or watching from home
• Ability for classes and individual students to Zoom into the event and interact with chief medical officers, professional nursing staff and other key professionals
• Access to supporting resources and curriculum that dive deeper into today’s health care world
• All grade levels are welcome, including K-12 and higher education
• It is 100% free and easy to access!
Click here to visit your No. 1 resource for Missouri health careers to take a quiz to find a health care career that’s right for you. Resources, including free career guides/brochures, are available for job seekers, students, educators and volunteers.
If you have any questions regarding Health Care Career Day contact Brian Crouse, Vice President of Education Programs.
Download 2023 Return on Investment PDF