Columbia Show-Me Careers Educator Experience
Show-Me Careers is a professional development program for educators, counselors and administrators to learn firsthand about relevant career pathways in today’s business and industry settings. Through these externship experiences, education professionals gain a more robust understanding of the technical skills, behaviors and mindsets students need to be successful in today’s professional environments.
The Columbia program is delivered in direct partnership with the Columbia Chamber of Commerce as lead community partner and the Columbia Public Schools. The program is supported at the state level by the Missouri Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education.
Goals and Objectives
The objective of Show-Me Careers is to expose Columbia Public School students to solid, relevant career opportunities by bringing influential middle and high school educators, counselors and administrators into advanced manufacturing, health care systems, IT and technology, construction and other targeted industries strengths of the central Missouri.
- Educators, school counselors and administrators will be selected to participate throughout the Columbia Public Schools in a phased in approached.
- A stipend will be provided to each professional that completes the summer program.
- Take part in peer-to-peer collaboration sessions four times during the 2022-2023 school year.
- Develop a student centric career pathways curriculum and emphasis work based learning options for high school student experiences that lead to the obtainment of Market Value Assets.
- All materials, meals and travel to the industry partners will be provided to the participants as part of the program.
Monday, June 6, 2022
Tuesday, June 7, 2022
Wednesday, June 8, 2022
Thursday, June 9, 2022
Friday, June 10, 2022
INDUSTRY CONNECTIONS (2022-2023) COLUMBIA COHORT
Basic framework for each connector meeting:
4:00pm- Welcome and Networking
4:30pm- Tour Facility, Presentations and/or Activities
6:00pm- Dedicated Cohort Discussion
6:30pm- Wrap Up & Adjourn
The above timeline is subject to change slightly based upon host location. For more information about the Columbia Missouri program, please contact either Mark Bauers, Columbia Chamber of Commerce, at 573-874-1132 or Brian Crouse, Missouri Chamber Foundation, at (573)634-3511.