Cape Girardeau Show-Me Careers Educator Experience
June 27 – July 1, 2022
Show-Me Careers is a professional development program for educators, counselors and administrators to learn firsthand about relevant career pathways in today’s business and industry settings. Through these externship experiences, education professionals gain a more robust understanding of the technical skills, behaviors and mindsets students need to be successful in today’s professional environments.
The Cape Girardeau program is delivered in direct partnership with the Cape Girardeau Area Chamber of Commerce as lead community partner. The program is supported at the state level by the Missouri Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education, the Kauffman Foundation and the Regional Business Council- St. Louis.
Goals and Objectives
The objective of Show-Me Careers is to expose Southeast Missouri students to solid, relevant career opportunities by bringing influential middle and high school educators, counselors and administrators into advanced manufacturing, health care systems, transportation and logistics and other targeted industries strengths of the Southeast region.
- Educators, school counselors and administrators will be selected to participate throughout the Southeast region from area district partners
- A stipend minimum of $400 will be provided to each professional that completes the summer program
- Take part in peer-to-peer collaboration sessions four times during the 2022-2023 school year/li>
- Develop a student centric, Client Connected Project during the 2022-2023 school year using the curriculum provided
- If in person, all materials, meals and travel to the industry partners will be provided to the participants as part of the program
Program Dates and Times TBD
Business Partner Onboarding Now!
We seek business partners to engage in this summer’s program and beyond. The program aligns and supports the existing career pathways work in the area. Employer partners can support the program by being a host site, providing corporate branded swag, engaging in hosting teacher externships, etc. More details on our FAQ here.
Industry Connections (2022-2023) SEMO Cohort
4:00pm- Welcome and Networking
4:30pm- Tour Facility, Presentations and/or Activities
6:00pm- Dedicated Cohort Discussion
6:30pm- Wrap Up & Adjourn
The above timeline is subject to change slightly based upon host location. For more information about the Southeast Missouri program, please contact either Kim Voelker, Cape Girardeau Area Chamber of Commerce, at (573) 335-3312 or Brian Crouse, Missouri Chamber Foundation, at (573)634-3511.
Thank you to our generous sponosrs:
Our supporting SEMO business partners:
SEMO community collaborators:
SEMO school partners:
Representing area school districts