Cape Girardeau Show-Me Careers Educator Experience — Virtual
June 28–July 2, 2021
Show-Me Careers is a professional development boot camp for educators, counselors and administrators to learn firsthand about relevant career pathways in today’s business and industry settings. Through these externship experiences, education professionals gain a more robust understanding of the technical skills, behaviors and mindsets students need to be successful in today’s professional environments.
The Cape Girardeau program is delivered in direct partnership with the Cape Girardeau Area Chamber of Commerce as lead community partner. The program is supported at the state level by the Missouri Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education, the Kauffman Foundation and the Regional Business Council- St. Louis.
Goals and Objectives
The objective of Show-Me Careers is to expose Southeast Missouri students to solid, relevant career opportunities by bringing influential middle and high school educators, counselors and administrators into advanced manufacturing, health care systems, transportation and logistics and other targeted industries strengths of the Southeast region.
- Educators, school counselors and administrators will be selected to participate throughout the Southeast region from area district partners
- A stipend minimum of $400 will be provided to each professional that completes the summer program
- Take part in peer-to-peer collaboration sessions four times during the 2021-2022 school year/li>
- Develop a student centric, Client Connected Project during the 2021-2022 school year using the curriculum provided
- If in person, all materials, meals and travel to the industry partners will be provided to the participants as part of the program
- Applications due by March 1, 2021
Program Dates and Times
Monday, June 28, 2021 – 11am – 4pm
Tuesday, June 29, 2021 – 8am – 4pm
Wednesday, June 30, 2021 – 8am – 4pm
Thursday, July 1, 2021 – 8am – 4pm
Friday, June 2, 2021 – 8am – 2pm
Industry Connections (2021-2022) SEMO Cohort
Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Tuesday, January 18, 2022
Tuesday, February 15, 2022
4:00pm- Welcome and Networking
4:30pm- Tour Facility, Presentations and/or Activities
6:00pm- Dedicated Cohort Discussion
6:30pm- Wrap Up & Adjourn
The above timeline is subject to change slightly based upon host location. For more information about the Southeast Missouri program, please contact either Kim Voelker, Cape Girardeau Area Chamber of Commerce, at (573) 335-3312 or Brian Crouse, Missouri Chamber Foundation, at (573)634-3511.
Thank you to our generous sponosrs:
Our supporting SEMO business partners:
SEMO community collaborators:
SEMO school partners:
Cape Girardeau Public Schools
Cape Girardeau Career & Technology Center