Missouri STEM Signing Day
Today’s talent, tomorrow’s future
The Missouri Chamber Foundation’s Mathematics and Science Coalition launched the Missouri STEM Signing Day program on May 8, 2019. Just like signing days for athletes, Missouri STEM Signing Day celebrates Missouri high school seniors as they make their commitments to study a STEM field in college. This program recognizes outstanding students across the state who are inspired by STEM and dedicated to pursuing a STEM career pathway in college and beyond, as well as raises awareness of companies in Missouri for future career opportunities that they and others can pursue.
Sponsored by The Boeing Company and the Missouri business community, the program offers $1,000 scholarships to a minimum of 10 students to help them pursue their STEM education goals at a 2-year, 4-year or technical college of their choice. The funds are unrestricted to be used for tuition, living expenses, books or technology.
2019 Eligibility & Application Process:
- 2019 graduating high school students planning to pursue a 2-year, 4-year or technical college in the Fall of 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Applications must be submitted by March 1, 2019.
- Applications will be evaluated on the basis of passion for STEM learning, advancing society through STEM, high school activity involvement and scholarship.
- Representatives from the Missouri Chamber and corporate sponsors on the selection committee will determine recipients.
- Awards will be formally announced on May 8, 2019 in Jefferson City with state officials, business community representatives, students, parents and school officials.
To learn more, contact Brian Crouse, vice president of the Missouri Chamber Foundation, at 573.634.3511 or by email at email@example.com.