Missouri STEM Signing Day
Today’s talent, tomorrow’s future
April 29, 2020
The Missouri Chamber Foundation’s Mathematics and Science Coalition launched the Missouri STEM Signing Day program in 2019 to raise awareness of STEM pathways for students beyond high school. Just like signing days for athletes, Missouri STEM Signing Day celebrates Missouri high school seniors as they make their commitments to study a STEM field in college. This program recognizes outstanding students across the state who are inspired by STEM and dedicated to pursuing a STEM career pathway in college and beyond, as well as raises awareness of companies in Missouri for future career opportunities that they and others can pursue.
With start-up funding contributed by The Boeing Company and supported by the Missouri business community, the program offers $1,000 scholarships to a minimum of 10 students to help them pursue their STEM education goals at a 2-year, 4-year or technical college of their choice. The funds are unrestricted to be used for tuition, living expenses, books or technology.
2020 Eligibility & Application Process
- High school students graduating in 2020 planning to pursue a STEM program at a 2-year, 4-year or technical college in the Fall of 2020 are eligible to apply.
- Applications must be submitted by March 1, 2020.
- Applications will be evaluated on the basis of passion for STEM learning, advancing society through STEM, high school activity involvement and scholarship.
- Representatives from the Missouri Chamber and corporate sponsors on the selection committee will determine recipients.
- Finalists will submit an approximately 2-minute video on what inspires and drives them on their STEM pathway. See example videos.
- Awards will be formally announced on April 29, 2020 in Jefferson City with state officials, business community representatives, students, parents/guardians and school officials.
To learn more please contact Brian Crouse at (573)634-3511 or by email at email@example.com.
Support STEM students by sponsoring STEM Signing Day
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor for this year’s program, please contact Linda Gipson at (573)634-3511 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.