Engage your community on Manufacturing Day — Oct. 7
Manufacturing Day is an annual celebration of the amazing contributions that Missouri manufacturers make to our state. It’s a chance to showcase what happens inside our state’s production facilities and inspire our young people to consider manufacturing as a career.
This year, Manufacturing Day will take place on Friday, Oct. 7.
Local and regional chambers of commerce across Missouri play a critical role in making this event a special day in their communities. Please consider joining these dozens of other locations around Missouri by hosting an informative, fun Manufacturing Day in your community.
Here’s how to get started:
- Determine where to have your event. Typically, these are held at a local manufacturing facility. Sometimes, several manufacturers will work together on an event.
- Log your event on www.MFGday.com to help promote your event and encourage community involvement.
- Review tips for the event including how to create signage, scripting and displays. These tips can be found in the Host Toolkits on the MFG Day website.
- Seek support from stakeholders such as civic leaders workforce development offices and media outlets.
- Develop messaging and communicate to key manufacturing stakeholders, school groups and civic leaders.
- Invite student groups to visit your MFG Day event.
- Invite local media outlets to report live, as well as interview attendees and manufacturers during your event.
- Host the event.
- Promote your event and use these social media handles to connect with the broader MFG Day community: @Missouri Chamber, @MFGDay, #MFGday16
- Follow up with thank you notes to all event hosts and attendees.
You should also watch this video about hosting an MFG Day event:
For additional help, contact Brian Crouse, vice president of education at the Missouri Chamber, at email@example.com or 573.634.3511.