UPDATED: Return to Work guide now has latest CDC guidance on workplace COVID-19 policy
The Missouri Chamber’s popular Return to Work guide is now updated to include the latest CDC guidance on workplace COVID-19 policy regarding fully vaccinated employees.
In addition to the obvious health and safety benefits of the vaccine, there are several subsequent reasons for Missourians to roll up their sleeves.
The CDC advises that fully vaccinated people can:
• Resume activities without wearing masks or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state or local laws or business/organization policy.
• Resume domestic travel and refrain from testing before or after travel or self-quarantine after travel.
• Refrain from testing before leaving the United States for international travel (unless required by the destination) and refrain from self-quarantine after arriving back in the United States.
• Refrain from testing following a known exposure, if asymptomatic, with some exceptions for specific settings.
• Refrain from quarantine following a known exposure if asymptomatic.
• Refrain from routine screening testing if feasible.
Employers should keep in mind, however, that OSHA is still reviewing the new CDC guidance and may provide some slightly different guidelines in the near future.
If you are interested in having a free vaccine clinic come right to your workplace, complete this form to get started. The Missouri Dept. of Health and Senior Services, along with local public health agencies, is working to bring COVID-19 vaccination events to businesses and organizations across Missouri.
As more and more people are vaccinated, the closer we get to normalcy in the workplace. For more ideas and resources for informing hesitant employees to encourage them to get the vaccine, refer to our Employer’s Guide to Encouraging Employee Vaccination.