2020 Annual Meeting Minutes
Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry Annual Meeting
Held Virtually – December 10, 2020
Chairman Al Koller called the meeting to order. He discussed how many businesses adapted during the pandemic and shifted their operations to meet the public need for personal protective equipment. He then asked the minutes to be approved. A motion to approve the minutes was made, seconded and carried.
A financial review of the Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry was conducted for fiscal year 2020 that ended on Sept. 30. Copies of the results were made available at the Missouri Chamber offices in Jefferson City along with the 990 tax return.
Dan Mehan then shared the successes the Missouri Chamber achieved in 2020, including:
- Passage of several significant bills to reform our punitive damage system, enhance workforce flexibility and help expand broadband access.
- Successful implementation of a $6 million US Department of Labor grant to help create nearly 5,300 tech-industry apprenticeships.
- Creation of the Missouri Apprentice Connect service.
- Release of the Transportation 2030 report.
- Growth of the Chamber Benefit Plan health insurance program.
- Strong growth in revenue.
Missouri Gov. Mike Parson then joined the meeting and provided remarks.
The Governmental Affairs team provided an overview of the legislative agenda for the 2021 session.
Dan Mehan then thanked the sponsors, members of the Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the board of directors.
There being no further business, meeting was adjourned.
Daniel P. Mehan President/CEO